Saturday 6 June 2015

6th June 2015

"I can't Siddarth, I just can't." Naina said to me with her teary eyes. I kept silent for a moment.
"Why?" I asked her. I knew that this wasn't just friendship, i knew this was more than that. She was just afraid to admit it...at least that's what I thought.
"I don't have a reason for this." She said. Tears were still in her eyes. I wonder if the tear glands of females have a stopping mechanism or not?
"There is a reason for everything Naina." I said to her. Maybe i was too much adamant to know the reason behind the rejection to my proposal which was not exactly a proposal...I just told her that i liked her, I didn't asked her to be the mother of my hypothetical children.
"See, that is the reason Siddarth that we can't be together." She turned towards me and told me in an irritated voice. I couldn't figure out what she meant by that so i asked her to be more clear.
"You are too logical Siddarth, you want a reason behind everything. But you know what? there are some things which don't have any reasons. Like me-I am not programmed to like or love someone at this age. I will just finish my studies, look out for a job and eventually get married to a guy which my parents will select for me. We don't have anything ahead of us." She said with her crying becoming more intense. I was confused about what was hurting me more? Her words, her tears or the silly sand that was becoming hot like a lava now. The breeze was over. Varanasi had once again restored its reputation of a burning city.
"Does being logical bothers you? Don't you think opposites attract? Even magnets of opposite polarity attract Naina, We are people." I said to her and immediately cursed myself for this logic. Damn me- I put too much logic in life.
"Exactly Siddarth, we are people, not magnets." She said and started to walk away. It was becoming unbearable now for two reasons- one for the reason that Naina gave to me for not liking me, and other for the burning hell it was becoming under my feet. I quickly ran towards the boat and sat down with my feet immersed in water for some moments.
"We should probably go." Naina said to me after coming on the boat. I said nothing and sat besides her. Strange that i didn't felt that much bad as I was supposed to feel, Probably my past with Shreya has to do a lot with it. I just wanted to go to my room now, drink a glass of chilled water and sleep.
"You know, I had always dreamed of a partner which will be like me- Crazy, emotional, talkative and someone who know what I am. You are just opposite of that Siddarth, You are a great guy but you must know that you are not a dreamer. You think from your Brain, Sometime you have to think from your heart." Naina said to me. I lost her after 'You are a great guy...' I knew she would try to consolidate me with some nice words which I will find nice at that time but later on I will feel crappy about it so I didn't listened. I simply took out my phone and opened Facebook.
"Damn these mobile signals." I said to myself and sat on the edge of the boat where i could find some signals. It was my old phone which constantly got broken but i never gave up on it...I repaired it every time it gets a fault.
"You should let go of this phone." Most of my friends including Naina had asked me to replace this phone with a new one but there was something about it which didn't let me buy a new phone. As I was engaged in my phone, I felt a sudden jerk on the boat and the phone slipped out of my hands and SPLASH!! it was floating on river Ganga the very next second.
"MY PHONE!!!" I screamed and quickly tried to reach out to my phone by stretching my hand to its maximum, leaning to the walls of the boat. I could have jumped into the water but I didn't because-
1. I can't swim
2. I really can't swim
"Let it go Siddarth, you will get a new phone." Naina quickly grabbed me and pulled me into the perimeters of the boat. I leaned so much in a side of boat that the boat itself started to get dis balanced. I was seeing my phone, it started to sink in the water now. I looked at it and that's when i realized that it is good to let go of the things sometimes...You will certainly feel better in your life.
"I think we still can become friends." Naina said to me. This was the girl version of 'You are officially out from my life'. I looked at her and smiled. The 'dreamy vs logical' thing she was explaining me on the other side of river was starting to make sense now. She indeed was a dreamer and I was someone that could not work out for her in the long run.
"I think we should let this go Naina, goodbye and all the best for your Dreamy prince." I said and walked away from her...I didn't looked back, neither did she said anything, maybe she knew that it was coming to her. As I was going away from her, i felt a lump in my throat which i couldn't clear and I felt something on my cheeks- those were teardrops...And she said i was emotionless. Strange was the fact that for the first time in my life I had cried for a girl, and It can't be due to my brain...I was thinking from my heart. Nevertheless, I didn't looked back and walked away from her.
In our life we meet two kinds of people- dreamers and realists. The dreamers always want to be with dreamers and realists always wants another realist in their lives, it goes with the law of nature. Maybe there is no such thing as 'Opposites attract' or 'Similar won't get along'. Maybe it's just the opposite...maybe similar people know each other very well and are perfect for each other. It is up to us who we decide to get together with, the dreamer or the realists. But maybe the realist needs a dreamer to show him or her that how magnificent the dreams are and what they are missing...and maybe a dreamer needs a realist to show that all dreams are not meant to be chased.
BUT NOT IN MY CASE, MAYBE THESE TWO WILL CROSS THEIR PATH IN SOME OTHER STORY...

No comments:

Post a Comment