Thursday 4 June 2015

3rd June 2015

There was something special about the morning. You don't often feel a cool breeze at 10:30 AM in the month of June at Varanasi. The water in Ganga was restless, and Naina was Unusually quiet today. At this time, the ghaats usually gets occupied by the priests and vendors selling useless things to foreign tourists but all of this was missing today. Me and Naina were at the other side of the river, dipping our feet in the water, Naina likes this a lot- spending time sitting on the other side of the river, feeding the ducks and birds which always used to gather around her and feeling the silence. She once asked me to try this with her and today I was doing this and it felt great.
"Are you alright? You haven't spoke anything since we came here." I finally asked her. There was something going on her mind for sure because she speaks, a lot. She looked at me but still didn't said anything.
"What's going on between us?" Naina suddenly asked me.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean us. Us sitting together, going out for lunch, texting each other the whole day...Does it mean anything?" She asked me in a serious tone. 
"It certainly means something." I replied, not too sure about how she will react after hearing this. Our meetings were increasing day by day exponentially. We were hanging out together, eating together whenever we were in college, and texting and chatting all day long. The only times we don't talk to each other were when we were sleeping or when we had gone to drop a deuce or freshen up. So it certainly have to mean something.
"What does it mean then?" She asked
"I don't know, what do you want it to mean?" I replied.
"Nothing" She said and looked away. After some moments she got up and walked towards the sand, Leaving me on the boat with my feet still dipped in the algae rich water of Ganga. I looked at the water which was still turbulent. My friends were constantly advising me to ask Naina about how she felt about us but i never got the chance...or may be I never took the chance to ask her, but today she talked about this herself. I had to make things clear between us, we couldn't continue like this anymore and we both knew it very well.
"What do you want me to say Naina?" I shouted from behind, she was still way ahead of me, I think girls walk very fast when they are upset. She didn't stopped.
"I LIKE YOU A LOT NAINA" I shouted with all my voice. I wanted some time before I could say this to her because of my past experiences with Shreya wasn't too good. She stopped for a moment which was enough for me to catch up with her pace. I looked at her to see any signs of happiness or excitement after hearing this but i realized my mistake after seeing her face. She was crying.
Keep in touch with me on www.facebook.com/authorvishal

No comments:

Post a Comment