Saturday 22 August 2015

Book Review for KLASS- by Prita Yadav



Title: KLASS
Author- Prita Yadav
Book type- paperback
Rating: 3.5/5

KLASS, the title was itself unique and catchy. I got this book from Kamal Paneru. This book starts with the admission of Joelene Jordan into KLASS by her father Kelvin Jordan. Kelvin hates her daughter from the core of his heart and Joelene also has the same sentiments for him. She did not want to study at KLASS so she tries every possible thing to be in the bad books of the teachers and get her out of the prestigious school. Joelene only met her mother twice in her life and she finds some history about her mother which she finds out only when her mother passes away. She finds that her mother wants her to excel at KLASS so she starts transforming herself into a girl with a golden heart. In the process of becoming superstar of KLASS, joelene makes many new friends, enemies and admirers. Overall this story is a bittersweet journey of a girl, longing for parental love and true friendship.
Now coming on the Good things—the story was very well written, language was simple and I could connect very well with the characters as I am also from a sports background. Prita has successfully managed to bind the reader till end, with suspense unfolding at the right time. The title was unique and catchy as I mentioned before and the continuum of the story was also good.
But there are some things that Prita could have improved such as the cover and the blurb of the book. Also too many characters and people sometimes confuse the reader and it results in diverted attention from the reader. Also there were some typos and grammatical errors which I am sure she will take care of in her next book. I was so excited to read her book that I messaged her right after I finished reading—at 1 in the midnight, and to my sheer pleasure she was awake and acknowledged my compliments.

Overall I give this book 3.5 out of 5. I have to deduct .5 for the cover and the little mess and the other 1 for the improvement that I can bet she will do in her next book. This book is worth a read if you are interested in sports or academics or anything you are passionate about. Do read it because ‘A man is lifeless without a passion in his life.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment