Thursday 7 May 2015

7th May 2015

Love stories- some gets completed, others don't. Some are meant to be, some aren't. Today i felt that some people are meant to be together and some people are just...you know...too good to be together. I witnessed two incidents today which made me believe and rethink at the same time about the phrase- 'Love always wins'. If that is so then why One of my dear friend is about to break his newly built relationship? And if it doesn't wins then Why one of my other friend is about to celebrate her 6th year of perfectly going relationship?
"What a long relationship you had with Rahul, how did you manage 6 years with a guy and that too long distance?" I asked Vidushi, still amused by the fact that how she could love someone hundreds of miles away from her for 6 years with the same intensity.
"I didn't do anything, that is just fate" She replied, still blushing (i could assume it by her voice) like she is talking about her boyfriend for the first time. 
"You deserve a salute yaar, So any plans for the future?" I asked her indirectly about their future because one thing about her is that she is a Bhramin and Rahul being a Thakur, will face difficulties while marrying each other. 'Indian culture at its best'- don't you all agree?
"Yes, we will get married one day for sure, No matter what" She replied. This 'no matter what' is the only thing that separates an extraordinary love story from an ordinary one. With the bond they share in their relationship, i am sure that they will eventually get married one day.
"What happened between you and your girl Vishal, you were also a good couple?" She suddenly asked me about the thing i didn't wanted to talk about. Sure we were good together- i mean She was beautiful, Lovable and i was...well, too much away from her. That one year- the one in which i was in Lucknow and she was still in Haldwani, completely took out the 'charm' of our relationship. Long distance really sucks. i couldn't think more than "Aur batao" and "Khane mai kya khaaya?" and she wanted more than that. Ultimately we became so distant from each other that it became difficult for us to pat that distance.
"I didn't do anything, that is just fate" I replied to her, she didn't asked anything after that. We talked for some more time and then hung up. 
"I guess, love stories are meant to be completed" i thought in my mind but who knew i would have to re-think about that after 20 seconds- Amish came into my room after 20 seconds.
"What's going on CGBP?" I asked him.
"I have to let go of Dikshita" he said while looking away from me. Now he and Dikshita have recently started seeing each other and were perfect for each other. She was talkative, Amish was a good listener. She is Beauty with brains, So is Amish (just replace 'Beast' with 'Beauty'). She even splits the cost while eating and She calls him when they have to talk- everything that a guy would want in a girl...Dikshita has all of it. It started out casually but recently he admitted that he is falling for her. I thought that was a good thing so i asked her about the reason for doing this.
"She is from a different caste" He replied. Now that was shocking for me, to hear such ridicule from a well-educated, open minded person. 
"You must be kidding, right? You can't leave her because of this shit" I asked him, hoping that it would turn out to be a prank. I hated pranks, but i was praying at that time that it would be one.
"This is not shit, this is reality" he said
"In my opinion it isn't" I replied.
"But in This part of country, it is" He said, with a hint of frustration and regret in his voice. Sure he will regret his decision later on in his  life, but there is nothing he can do to change it. It was not his fault entirely, We are born in a country where if a is Maanglik, She will have to marry a tree...where if a boy have to marry a girl, She must have the same Jaat as the boy have, otherwise they would either have to run away or get abandoned from locality or even worse, get killed.
"But she is a nice girl, You will definitely not find any girl like that in your future" i told him, hoping that he would change his mind.
"I know, and i am not even going to try getting someone like her" He said, clearing the lump on his throat.
"You are doing a terrible mistake that you will regret your whole life" I said while looking at my laptop screen, thinking about Vidushi and Rahul, and how they stand together strong even after being from different castes.
"I didn't do anything, that is just fate" He said and walked out from my room...

No comments:

Post a Comment