Monday 4 May 2015

4th May 2015

Ashish, Amish me and Sarweshwar were sitting in our room, discussing about the possible outcomes of their examinations which apparently, they screwed up.
"I will get KGMC for sure" Amish said after matching his answers with rest of the people in the room. he indeed is a brilliant kid, so brilliant that he got almost 60% of his paper wrong.
"I am sure you will" Ashish replied to him sarcastically and laughed, everyone in the room joined him along with Amish. You know, this is the beauty of Friendship- no matter how much you fail or succeed in life, your friends are always there with you, to share a laugh at least. Anyways Amish knew that he wouldn't make it to medical, he never was interested in wearing that white Coat and wearing a stethoscope around his neck...He was more of a businessman type of guy.
"I also give up now" Said Sarweshwar after a brief moment of silence. He was desperately trying for the last 5 attempts, but now he realized that this was the time to let it go.
"So, no medical remaining in our list, what do you want to become" Ashish asked, breaking the silence in the room.
"Since i never wanted to be in this field, i will go for MBA" Amish replied.
"I will go for UPSC" Sarweshwar added to the conversation.
"What about you?" Amish asked me. Now he knew that i was going to answer this question in a very diplomatic way. i was not clear about what i was going to do in my life...i never was. As i was thinking about the ways to switch the topic we got a knock on our door. It was Saumya- the guy who could tell your future by looking at the lines of your palms (as described by other guys of the hostel). Now i knew him because he was part of first year cricket team of B.Sc which i was lead and lost.
"What's up guys?" Saumya asked us in his typical Oriya ascent. 
"Hey Saumya, tell his future yaar, he is very uncertain about it" Sarweshwar clutched my hand and kept it in Saumya's hand. Now he and other guys knew that i am almost semi-atheist (Means i do believe in a supreme power that governs us, but i am not much into all of the Pooja-paath stuff) so they wanted to prove that there is someone who could tell you how long you will live by just looking at some lines made up of some proteins in our body.
"I will try, let me take a look" Saumya said and twisted my palm in every possible manner to see my hand rekhas.
"Well, i think you have low confidence, you will have an arrange marriage, you will not study more than post graduation, and you will earn a hell lot of money" He said after examining my hand for almost five minutes...it started to get sweated by now.
"How could you tell that?" I asked him, trying to find the logic in his words although the money earning thing made me happy and forced to believe in it for quite a few seconds.
"I am not telling you, it's in your Grah dear" Saumya said, smiled and nodded his head in disappointment like some foolish question was asked to him by some foolish person. I was still trying to figure out that how could a huge celestial body, orbiting around a star and millions of miles away from us, could affect our lives. They are not supposed to exert any force on us to affect our lives except one force- which is gravitation, and that too is negligible.
"So, according to this logic where you claim that the future of a person lies on his hands...a person with no hands should't have any future ahead of him, right?" I asked him. Though i didn't wanted to hurt him, but i wanted a logically correct answer of the question.
"I don't know" Saumya was speechless like everyone else in the room, though Amish supported a little bit during the entire conversation.
"Think about it" I said and resumed my game on my phone. As he was about to exit from the room, i called his name and he looked back.
"I will study till my PhD, will earn whatever i deserve, and will definitely find the love of my life because i have such high confidence level that sometimes it becomes over-confidence" i said and chuckled upon hearing my own words. 
"I am sure you will" Saumya replied to me in the same sarcastic way as Ashish replied to Amish a few minutes earlier, smiled at me and left me thinking about the reality of depth of Astrology.

No comments:

Post a Comment