Saturday 16 May 2015

16th May 2015

"Naina Singh, you are beautiful" I said to her as i walked beside her, looking at her beautiful face. She was looking magnificently gorgeous today. There is one thing about the Indian girls- No matter from which part of the country they belong to or no matter how much they modernize their life style, but they always look alluring in Indian attire. I guess salwaar-suits catalyses the beauty quotient of girls many folds.
"Thanks" She looked at me, smiled and replied tacitly. She was still uncomfortable being alone with me. Though we had met before once, but that was months ago and at time there were friends around us. After that Facebook was the humdrum for conversing with each other. Late night chats became the everyday ritual for us now, we talk for hours over the internet and now we don't have enough words to initiate a talk while we were sitting next to each other. Social network does have its limitations.
"This is awkward" She said to me while we were eating masala dosa in VT cafe. It was awkward indeed, but it was not necessary to drum out that. 
"It is, but it shouldn't be" I replied. She was still looking at her plate while i was looking at the menu card. I wanted to look at her eyes, her beautiful brown eyes which was casting an alchemy to my heart. I tried to look at her once while she was busy devouring the food, but she probably noticed it and looked back at me, which resulted in an awkward eye-contact- not a romantic one, but the one you want to desist. I refrained myself from looking at her, reluctantly though.
"We have so much to talk when we are sitting in front of our laptop screens" Naina said, finally making an eye contact. I was still looking like a fool in front of her- just looking here and there nervously. She definitely has a point. It was me who asked her out which she hesitantly agreed. Now here i was, sipping frooti from the bottle silently like a complete pinhead. I was thinking of some idea, something that would break the ice between the two of us, but all my attempts were going futile. I randomly searched into my bag and took out my notebook and pen.
"I think we should go, this masala dosa is really disgusting" She said while I was still engaged in scribbling words in that notebook. She looked at me for a moment, shook her head, stood up and was about to leave when i held her hand and asked her to sit down. She looked at me like i had committed a grave sin by touching her hand. Girls are weird. Anyways i gave her the notebook and asked her to read it. She gave me a strange look and took the notebook and started to flip the pages. She started to smile after reading that. I drew a chat box in the notebook pages, one for me and other for Naina. She felt that we were more comfortable talking in chat boxes, so i drew two of them. Creative me
"Now i think we can talk" I wrote on the notebook.
"Definitely we can" She wrote back and returned the notebook to me. It was my turn now. 
"Did you really hated that masala dosa? I mean it tasted good" i wrote down and handed the notebook to her.
"It was awesome, but that's not what we came here for right?" She penned down her words and returned it to me. We did this for over two hours and it never felt awkward. Finally when we were done with the chatting (Actually i wasn't done yet...I wanted to talk more/write more, But she got a call from her mom so she stated that she had to leave) We left the cafe and walked towards the Campus bus stop.
"We should do this more often" Naina finally spoke something in 2 hours. For the past two hours we had all our conversations in written, so nobody felt the need to talk. Who says that girls are talkative? She was not.
"What? the chatting part?" I asked her while looking at her. For the first time i was able to make a full eye contact with her. She was breathtakingly beautiful indeed, I could have looked all day in her charming brown eyes.
"No, i don't think we need the chatbox anymore now" She replied with a smile. I kept looking at her.
"I enjoyed a lot today, next time I will order Rava dosa" She Whispered in my ear, smiled and climbed the bus. I was still under the spell of her enchanting voice and the aphasiac effect it caused on my voice box when she came near me so i didn't spoke a single word. She waved her hands to say bye and i just smiled in return. I was smiling not to acknowledge her sweet gesture of bidding farewell to me, I was smiling to imagine that there will be a next time too...and that too soon.
"Social Media does have its perks too" I said to myself and walked away from the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment