Saturday 2 May 2015

2nd May 2015

Yesterday was my birthday and as expected, she didn't called. Anyways it was not that much of a pain for me because of a thing called examinations which every student in the world fears- no matter how much talented they are. i am having my examination today and here i was, eating 'chicken kali mirch' with Ashish and Biplav.
"We are going to get fucked tomorrow" Ashish said while tearing the roasted flesh   of the chicken with his bare hands. 
"Indeed we ARE, so let's concentrate on this chicken" Biplav replied. He was in no way affected by the stress of the examinations. he was used to it...when you have a brilliant mind, you can cope with almost any stress situation, and he was a brilliant kid. He didn't just wanted to be a guy doing some shitty job in an office cabin just after graduating. after all, you don't often see a student leaving engineering to pursue chemistry honors. indeed i was surrounded by some of the most brilliant minds of this country who were just busy eating chicken then.
"You should try some" Ashish asked me to join them but i refused. i was busy thinking something else. Mom and dad have arrived here and i was not able to spend time with them because i told them i had to study for my exams. and what was i doing? seeing my roomie and my friend eating chicken like cannibals and laughing at some weird sentences. i was wondering what has happened to me in the recent years? am i getting emotionally away from my family? Though i was happy to see them, but i was not that 'happy' when you see your mom and dad after half a year. Maybe that was because i am tensed about my exams, maybe it was because i don't want to behave like a small kid anymore...after all, i just completed my teenager phase a day ago.
"I will spend my whole day with them tomorrow" i said to myself and as i was thinking this, i got a call from dad.
"Hey dad"
"Hey son, we are leaving tomorrow morning...your mom is getting bored in here" He said over the phone. his voice sounded disappointed, disappointed with me, that i couldn't spend some minutes with them in spite of knowing the fact that they traveled more than 900 Km just to see their son.
"Okay dad, as you wish" i replied. there was a deep silence for a long, almost infinite second.
"I can come to drop...." before i could complete my sentence, the call was disconnected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment