Friday 17 July 2015

16th July 2015

Here is the third part of ‪#‎Best_Friends_Forever‬?? Series. Hope you like it and please like
www.facebook.com/authorvishal
BEST FRIENDS FOREVER?? (PART 3)
You may all have heard of a superhero called ‘The Flash’—the fastest man alive. He possess an ability to run fast…like ridiculously fast. Ankit always loved the Flash, how he always ran with the speed of light and outrun everything in his way. Ankit always wanted to be like him. Since his childhood whenever he used to be at stress, he used to imagine that he was Flash and started running like him in his mind, leaving behind all his problems. Over the years, he has developed this ‘thing’ as a coping mechanism for this stress and all the problems. But over the years he had learnt another thing, and that thing was—there are some things in life which you can’t outrun, no matter how fast you want to run from it, and loving Alia was one of those things for Ankit, along with the other.
“I can’t believe we are together now.” Alia said to Ankit, squeezing his arm which she was clinging to. Ankit said nothing. They were sitting on the side of
“Me too.” He said and looked away. Alia figured out that something was going on in his mind but she decided not to ask him.
“Do you want to watch a movie?” Alia asked him after a long silence. She was the one who was trying to have a normal conversation and Ankit was the one refusing to do so. It normally happens the other way but today was something different.
“No, just sit beside me and hold my hand.” Ankit said to her. Alia followed his command silently.
“Do you want to tell me what is going on with you?” Alia said in a concerned tone. She never saw Ankit this much silent and stressed.
“You know, I had a crush on you since I met you. I would sit all day long with you just to watch you talk endlessly, seeing you smile makes my day. I can’t express how much I love you.” Ankit said while looking in her eyes.
“I know all this, and you don’t have to express anything to me. We are friends for almost 10 years now, I think it’s a long time to know someone well enough to read his or her mind.” She replied and smiled back. Ankit kept looking at her for a moment and looked away from her.
“Can I ask you a question?” Ankit asked Alia. She nodded in affirmation.
“Are you sure that we are right for each other?”
“Why would you ask that?”
“Just tell me.” Ankit continued with a stern expression on his face. Alia was surprised as well as confused after this question. Not because she was sure about Ankit, but because of the fact that Ankit was not sure about him. She thought for a moment and then held Ankit’s hand.
“Come with me outside.”
“But it’s Raining Alia.”
“You are not made of paper. Just come with me.” She said and dragged Ankit out in the garden.
“What the hell are you doing?” Ankit shouted when he saw Alia climbing on a wall. Soon she was about 6-7 meters above Ankit, standing on the edge of the wall.
“Come down, you freak.” Ankit yelled at her. She didn’t listen. instead she smiled at him and gave him a flying kiss.
“What are you…” before Ankit could say anything, he saw Alia closing her eyes and falling towards the ground. Now it was not that Alia was jumping from a 10 story building that if she fells down, she will die but she would definitely get some bruises and injuries if she landed down incorrectly, and Ankit was 99% sure that she would do the ‘incorrectly landing’ part with sheer perfection, so he quickly ran towards Alia to catch her.
“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING mind??” Ankit yelled at Alia in his full strength. He managed to catch her in right time. Alia was still looking at him in his eyes.
“What were you thinking? What if you fell on the ground?” Ankit said to her, still angry with her crazy stunt.
“It is just a wall, we fell from it numerous times when we were children idiot.” Alia replied, trying to defend herself.
“But what were you trying to do?” Ankit said to Alia after realizing that it was not a big ‘stunt’ as he was making in his mind.
“You asked me if we are perfect for each other or not, here is the answer.” Alia said and smiled. Ankit stood there for some time, trying to get a hold of what Alia was trying to tell her.
“I don’t want a guy who treats me like a princess or gets me gifts every day, I just want someone to catch me whenever I fall, and I think you are doing that job pretty well Mr. Ankit Malhotra.” She said and gave him a kiss on her cheeks.
“You are crazy.” Ankit smiled at her and said.
“I know I am.” She said and walked towards the door. Ankit was trying very hard not to tell her about the secret but he couldn’t take it anymore so he decided to do it.
“But what if she gets heartbroken and leaves you?” His inner self raised voice.
“If she is going to find out she will leave me anyways.” Ankit tried to suppress the other voice.
“If you think you can live with guilt of breaking someone’s heart without even giving them a justification then you are terribly wrong.” The other voice once again tried to overpower his decision of not telling Alia about the truth.
“But if I tell her, it will break her heart even more.” Ankit replied, he was trying hard to fight with his inner self but was failing.
“Hey, what are you thinking?” Ankit got diverted from his thoughts by a tap on his shoulders. He turned around and saw Alia standing behind him, drenched in the rain, it started to rain heavily. He had to do it now otherwise he would never get a chance to tell her about the secret, but what if she won’t forgive him after knowing what he was hiding from him? What if she couldn’t handle knowing the truth? What if telling her would change the scenario of their lives forever? These questions were haunting in his mind.
“Ankit, are you going to tell me?” Alia once again said and pulled him out of his thoughts.
“I was thinking that how lucky I am to have you in my life.” He replied.
“That’s so sweet, now let’s get inside before we get sick.” Alia said and walked once again towards the door, this time holding Ankit’s hand.
“Maybe some other time.” He said to himself and walked with Alia.
There are some things that you couldn’t outrun even after running like Flash—and the fear of losing someone you love is one of them too…

No comments:

Post a Comment