Sunday 2 August 2015

2nd August 2015

So, here is the fifth part of #BEST_FRIENDS_FOREVER?? series. Hope you like it, and do feel free for positive criticism. And don't forget to like www.facebook.com/authorvishal

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER (PART 5)

“Yeah right, you said and I followed.” Alia replied sarcastically. She was thinking that he was playing some kind of prank, but pranks generally don’t come along with teary eyes. Alia saw tears in his eyes for the very first time in years.
“You are not joking Ankit, right?” Alia once again asked him but by that time she already knew the answer, Ankit’s silence just completed the formality.
“Did I do something wrong?” Alia asked him, trying to hold back her tears. Ankit was trying hard to behave as he didn’t give a damn to her tears but he too knew that it was impossible for him to do so, but he couldn’t tell her the reason behind all this. He knew that she couldn’t take it. Sometimes, knowing a person too much doesn’t go our way.
“It’s not like that Alia. It’s something different.” Ankit replied, trying hard to look away from her.
“I guess we have a lot of time.” Alia scoffed in disappointment and replied. Ankit looked at her for a moment and looked away.
“I am moving out, we passed our school months ago and now it’s time that we think about our future.” Ankit said in a blunt voice.
“I am thinking about our future.”
“Not ‘our’ future Alia, it’s time that you and I chase our dreams, our ambitions. We have different expectations from our lives. I want to do something big, something which would engrave my name in golden letters upon the path of success.” He replied, trying to be slightly ‘more selfish’ than ever.
“You want to leave this place? You want to leave me, just because you want to make your career? That doesn’t make sense.” Alia replied, she was sensing something more in this conversation…something that Ankit was still trying hard to hide from her.
“It’s time for it to make sense.” Ankit replied and turned away from her.
“Tell me the true reason behind this Ankit, and I promise we will sort something out.” Alia said with her voice trembling. Ankit too felt that he was doing no good by telling her the truth, she deserves to know everything, and so he gave a long sigh and said-
“Alia, you and I love each other and there is no denying in that. But I don’t feel like I belong here. From the day you told me that you love me, I wasn’t feeling like myself. It’s not like that I don’t love you…I do, but loving someone and being in a relationship with someone are two different things. I can’t be in a relationship with you Alia. In fact, I cannot be in a relationship with anyone. I am not made for relationships.”
“What do you want to do then?” Alia asked Ankit. She was devastated, how could someone not be? The only person in this world, whom you care for, suddenly turns away from you without any proper reason, it is obvious to be disheartened. But Alia was trying hard not to break down into tears in front of Ankit because deep inside she knew that Ankit was never in the relationship. He was doubtful about this relationship from the very first day. It was Alia who thought that she could manage to pull this relationship on her own but she failed to realize that Ankit was going away from her—not as a lover, but also as a friend.
“I want to go away from this place Alia. I want to go away from this place. I want to explore the world, I want to get out from the circumscribed life I am living right now.” Ankit said with tears in his eyes. It was heart crushing for him to push away Alia from her life but he has to do it—for both of their sakes. Ankit waited for some moments, anticipating a reply from Alia but all he got was silence, which was accompanied by footsteps moving away from him, from his life. Sometimes telling the truth is not a good option, and Ankit had just realized this thing. He stood there for some moments and then walked towards his home. He didn’t even try to call Alia, he knew that the damage has been done. As he entered inside the house, he saw his mother waiting for him.
“Where have you been son, I was worried for you.” Ankit’s mother said to him in a worried tone.
“I was with Alia.” He replied without looking at her. She sensed that he just took the most heart-wrenching decision of his life, she knew that he did the right thing.
“Did you tell her the truth?” Ankit’s mother asked him.
“No, I didn’t.” he replied and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment